Although work has been carried out several times in the presbytery, the high altar in S.M.Maggiore is the same one erected by the Jesuits between 1672 and 1717. The tabernacle is placed on the table-sarcophagus, between the statues of four Jesuit saints and two angels. It is embellished on the sides by two spiral volutes with two little angel statues and surmounted by a ciborium in red and white marble crowned by a little dome with the statue of the Risen Christ. Some features, such as the table-sarcophagus and the little door of the tabernacle in gilt bronze, were crafted by Austrians.
UCLA Surgeons Live Vine Brain Surgery
6 minutes ago