We have already glimpsed Duino castle in this old post, but we were really a long way away. This time we are in the castle courtyard.
The new castle of Duino dates back to about the year 1400, when the family Wallsee commissioned the construction of a strong fortress. Over time, the Wallsee family disappeared and the castle, after being used as a prison, became the residence of the Luogar and Hofer. At the end of the 19th century it became the property of Prince Alexander Johann Vincenz Rudolf Hugo Karl Lamoral Eligius von Thurn und Taxis from the Czech Branch of the House of Thurn und Taxis. It remains with the family to this day with his great-grandson Prince Carlo Alessandro della Torre e Tasso, Duke of Castel Duino the current owner. The castle has been opened to the public as a museum and park (wiki).